Browsing through old photos on Facebook yesterday, I came across pictures from a Vegas trip 5 years ago. At the time, I was a fit woman who worked out twice a day, every day, and ate like a model. While looking at those photos I thought to myself, “What the hell have you done?”
What I did was I got married. When they say you become complacent after marriage and gain weight, they aren’t kidding. In the past 4 years, I have gained a horrible 35 lbs. Now some of that is due to our beautiful baby girl being born last year, but unfortunately I can’t blame all of my weight gain on a pregnancy. Once the wedding ring was on my finger, I slowly started to eat more junk food, drink a lot of wine and foolishly stopped working out completely.
Once you start down the slope of eating like everything around you is OK and working out is for people who have no life, there’s no stopping that spiral.
Needless to say, I’m finally at the point where I’ve had enough. I’ve had enough of my grandma arms flapping when I wave, my post-pregnancy stomach which can fold and move in all kinds of ways that I didn’t think were possible, I’ve had enough of my ass which used to be referred to as a j-lo ass but has now become two flat pancakes…..and …well….. I could go on but I won’t. Seeing those Vegas photos yesterday helped to jump start my “get your game face on,” but I know it’s not enough.
I know starting out isn’t going to be easy and I’m not going to be insanely strict with myself because to be honest, I’ve done that in the past and it’s just lead me into an overeating, couch potato if ever there was one.
What I’m going to do instead is take it one day at a time. So here’s to Day 1 and what I have and am planning to accomplish:
- Breakfast today was a Slim Fast high protein shake, a slice of toast with almond butter and half a banana, Isotonix vitamins and two glasses of water
- Workout: 30 minutes on the elliptical for a total of 2.14 miles
- Post workout snack was my favorite! A yogurt parfait of Chobani Simply 100 Vanilla, a handful of blueberry’s and Nature’s Valley Dark Chocolate Granola with a cup of coffee with a small amount of almond milk creamer
- Afternoon workout: Tracy Anderson’s Post Pregnancy workout (so much harder than you think it will be!)
- Lunch will be 1.5 cups of chicken, a cup of carrots, an apple and two glasses of water
- Afternoon snack will be grapes with two glasses of water
- Tonight I’m making this amazing Korean Beef with a side of multi-grain rice and of course two more glasses of water
- Evening snack is another apple with almond butter and my final two-three glass of water
- Current Weight: 176
- Target Weight: 140
- Total Lost: Well Zero…..but check back next week!
Cheers to anyone who may read this. I hope that as I go through this journey I can motivate others and offer up some humor as I know I will have some crazy days along the way.